View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Howierd. I thought about the deck over the neck but I really don't want that much weight that high up on the trailer- that's why I went with a slightly longer trailer in the end.

For my contract work, I am getting paid by the hour, but I mentally treat it like a regular bid to keep my motivation and production up. I am expected to be on this 15 mile stretch of ROW until April 1 of this year. Right now we are working 8-10 hour days to get everything done.

Junior: While you still are young (heck I'm young still as I'm only 21 with a baby face no less) and should be enjoying life, HS, girls, ATVing, whatever, don't be afraid to go after what you want. I was never much of the partying type. I am also a extreme workaholic by nature as I worked all through HS and college and even through my breaks in college when everyone would go to Cancun. I did all that because I knew that when I graduated college, I wanted to work for myself doing stuff that I love rather than working in an office and having to report to an overzealous boss and do TPS reports. I even skipped going abroad for a semester so that I could graduate college early and put my saved money into my company.

While a lot of people have told me that I should slow down and enjoy life, my response to them is a polite "Thank you" and "I will enjoy life when I am sitting off a white sandy beach in the Carribean on my own yacht." My business, among providing future jobs for others and a legacy for my future family, is a means to an end in terms of a lifestyle I would like to live someday. Who wouldn't like the choice in life to either go play in the dirt or go out on jetskis for the day? It's for those reasons that I never slow down. You just have to think about how much you want something and then go after it.

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 7 queries