View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I understand that there are numerous cost involved with running that big of an operation. But, everyone doesn't need a new truck. The office guy doesn't need a new truck or a truck at all. The supervisor doesn't need a new truck or a truck at all. The back up truck doesn't need to be new either. Several dump trucks, Why? Mowing crews don't need a dump truck.

What I'm getting at is, I see alot of wasted money. Which can apply to any business. I think this is a great thread and topic. Too many guys come on here and try to get as many customers as they can working cheap and then realize that its a business like any other business. Having 500 $30 lawns means nothing. Having good paying lawns where you are making a profit is what matters.

I'm not knocking you, I appreciate your story. It makes you think and realize that there's no point in running around busting your a$$ for nothing. The next time some of these guys go out to give an estimate maybe they will think twice about lowering there price just to get the job.

Dave...

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 7 queries