View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph84 View Post
This has been a very enlightening thread for me; I just wish there were more posts in it!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, I've written your responses down, and as this is being written before my business is even started (this is my first post, even!), I hope I'll be able to remember what I've learned here.

Can y'all recommend I purchase that packet of information at lawncaresuccess.com?

If you don't know much about running a business it can be helpful. It's A LOT more than just buying mowers, trailer, and a truck and just saying "I love to work outdoors". It's an informative packet that has good information in it just like any business book out there. Don't just get it for the estimate sheets and letters. READ ALL OF IT. No matter how many templates you have you still need to be able to put food on the table and a roof over your head. When you are not working you need to read up on lawns, landscaping, and whatever else you can to be able to answer someones questions (unless you are a master at all of this). If you don't know answers tell them you will find out and get back to them not just the "I don't know" with a blank stare into space look. I am not a business guru or know-it-all and probably will never be, however, this is a service industry and you need to be able to service your customers whether it be the work itself, questions they have, or handling new calls and emails. Sorry for the rant.

Good Luck!

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 7 queries