Also, at the end of the season, take all the gas that's left in your gas cans, and put it into your Truck or car and use it up! Stale gas is not a good thing.
How I Store My Equipment:
1) Change oil & filter, no junk sits in there gumming the works.
2) Make a mix of 1 Gal. gas & fuel Stabilizer.
3) Drain gas tank, run engine dry.
4) Put enough of my fuel mix in tank to run engine a few minutes.
5) Run engine dry. Now, what little gas is left in Carb., is treated with fuel stabilizer.
6) take out spark plug, put some 30w oil in the hole, turn engine over a few times to spread the oil, and put plug back in.
Next season, I fill 'er up with FRESH gas, start 'er up and we're on our way.