View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought one. Let me save you a lot of time, money & back ack. You will spend more money on teeth & fixing this thing than you will make. It is a neat idea, but they just have not gotten it to work yet. The teeth dull very fast & will run you about $65 per set. As you are doing a job & the teeth wear down, it cuts slower & slower. The owner of the company says that is mostly from rocks. Well unless you live in a state made of Miracle Grow Potting Soil there is going to be anything from pebbles to boulders in the ground. A neighbor of mine had a larger grinder that you tow behind a truck. He had to tune it up once in 3 years. When I asked him how often he changes the teeth, he said he never has. It would have been worth it to get a small Vermeer. For the little bit of stump grinding we do, I have already had to rebuild the thing to the tune of just over $1000. Now after just having it rebuild not 5 working hours ago, it is broken down again. I donít know if I can afford to fix it again. In the middle of a simple job I had to go rent a real stump grinder. Just some friendly advice I wish someone would have told me.

Page generated in 0.04496 seconds with 7 queries