View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
Hey bud, I wouldn't be knocking Tommy around here. That guy is incredibly innovative in the field of lighting. There is a reason he was asked to be on a major network program like Yard Crashers. You may want to brush up on some of the older threads Tommy wrote about some of the personal mental struggles he had over the very issues you brought up. It is the DIY network which is definitely not what we do, but he is hoping to bring new creative thought to some watching, (more than your typical runway lights and spot lights on trees), even in a small way, anyway he can. Obviously as Tom mentioned, some people are just going to be DIYers. Also, are you honestly going to tell me that you wouldn't go on a national show if you were invited?
Tim,

If you will read that post, I called him one of the more respected posters on here. And no, I wouldn't turn down a national show. But at the same time, contractors as a whole shouldn't be complaining about fixing poorly installed systems when they (we, and not just Tommy, a lot of guys) are showing people how to do different things in a very limited time on a television show, at a trade show booth, an hour seminar, etc. And no, my name isn't bud.

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 7 queries