View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
If you want to look at it another way, by applying "whatever" you are selecting for certain strains of microbes. It is a strategy that can be used to your advantage

Find the guys that are most prevelant at a toxic spill and chances are they like the toxin as food.

microbes wear a lot of different hats depending on the trigger, food or environment, they produce enzymes, motabolites, slime, etc. If we can select for certain ones get good to great populations and use known triggers to our advantage............well...... it is often to our advantage
I had the pleasure of being involved in a toxic spill... involving a gasoline tank...

I learned from the "Cleanup Crew" ... that the naturally occurring microbes that eat this stuff had been - enhanced - to eat gasoline even quicker.

This 'NEW bug is now - named and copyrightted - as the official spray for toxic waste problems...

Natural processes would have done the job... but the bio-engineered stuff was 'garanteed' to do it within bureaucratic paramaters...

Page generated in 0.04016 seconds with 7 queries