View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member
1#N/m in early season growth is more than I like, but then my situation is "special" (yes, even short bus some of the time). Because I am on site and only have the one site to worry over, I can justify labor expenses (usually all on me and "free") that are hard to do in a commercial business setting. All that being said, I LIKE .25#N/m applied e/o week until the mowing kicks in. On my greens, the app is every week and then back off to e/o week when I get the growth I am looking for. Now, back to the OP, I think I would put the AS on TOP of the compost. Water in well and I don't think you would see burn unless your day temp exceeds the mid 80's. I realize AS has gone up, but @ less than $15/bag, make the customer happy. Can you do the compost and the CT in the same app/trip? If not, why not do the AS as a split app. Half of what you decide to apply on top of the compost, and half before you apply the CT and water in again? A 3/4A yard should be worthy of two trips/apps, and they shouldn't be balking at paying a reasonable price for a split application. Two bags of AS each trip only equates to a material cost just over 50bucks. Do what it takes to get the customer. THEN you can prove what good cultural organics can do. Getting the customer is the first step.
Over educated
Over Qualified
Glorified Ditch Digger
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Page generated in 0.03791 seconds with 8 queries