View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax fan View Post
mowerdude , ive been running the redmax 2401 for past 3/4 years . i ran a redmax bc225 for years before that . i whip 100 plus accounts per week past 8 years , and i BEAT my whips with alot of detail work

well this morning it was raing here so we took a broken mower to weingartz on vandyke in utica . and i was checking out redmax / shindaiwa / stihl for a half hour (i coulda spent about a grand if i didnt get outta there ) ,
i was liking the stihl fs80 which felt lighter than my redmax 2401 , and also has around 3 more cc . that fs80 feels real solid and i got my eye on one .
then i was looking at the shindaiwa 282 and stihl fs250 and wow i loved em all (sorry there the whippers get me going) but then im checking over the redmax as usuall and i picked up the next step above the 2401 which i think is the 2601 , well it has around 6 more cc . and feels near exact weight .
and my point is here that i decided today the extra money for the bigger cc's while not being much heavier is worth it because the more power shall make the whip last longer , plus allow you to whip thru jobs faster because of the extra power

ps - weingartz is like lawn guy heaven
I love weingartzs too. My blower, edger and trimmer got stolen yesterday. so for now i am going to buy used stuff and get new stuff in a few months
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer

Page generated in 0.04480 seconds with 7 queries