View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Not sure what you mean, but I will share what I know.

Here's the deal (and I will ignore snide remarks). TURFCO tested several engine manufacturers, engine sizes, etc. Honda, Kohler, Kawasaki, etc. Heck -- they tried everything before making sound business decisions. Only engine that held up was the Intec. They tested engines for corrosion resistance, ability to withstand power washing, horsepower, longevity, etc, etc.

We bought the FIRST T3000 production unit. We changed the engine oil only one time this whole year! After the first 40 hours, we changed the oil....used 10W-30 Castrol Syntec motor oil. Currently, our T3000 has not used any oil whatsoever, and it still looks clear after 250 hours on the last oil change. Has plenty of horsepower to climb 45 degree hills -- which we have done (not recommended).

I will answer any questions I can regrarding our ride-on experiences. I know lots of you are interested in what can make you money (so are we). I ain't no expert -- but have tested five different ride-on manufacturers.
I wouldn't recommend B&S and would actually tell anyone to steer clear. It isn't just hype or some marketing nonsense, but I would put ANY Honda, Suzuki or Kawi above any B&S including the Intek's which I have owned. They haven't field tested them for years like many of us have.

Page generated in 0.03252 seconds with 7 queries