View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
Concerning the "fixing" of employees - if you as an employer has a problem with an employee; remember YOU interviewed them, YOU hopefully exercised due diligence in checking them out, YOU trained them which all = YOU ARE THE ONE REQUIRING FIXING.
DING DING DING we have a winner Tx comes through again. Take responsibility for your actions and quit blaming others for your poor choices.

I try and get in a few minutes every other week to have employee development meetings. I used to make a big deal of it and try and schedule 20 minutes or so but I found it was too much. The guys felt pressure to come up with something to discuss and were intimidated by coming into the office for a one on one with the boss. I get more out of them by just pulling them aside in the morning for 5-10 minutes and if there is an issue we set up more time to get into it. I have been able to keep this more informal schedule which makes for more consistent meetings.

They know this is the time to bring up problems so we don't have the blow ups and unhappy people in the field this is the time to get things resolved.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”

Page generated in 0.05630 seconds with 8 queries