View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tips for 14 year old lawnmower?

I have been mowing grass since I was probably 10 or younger with a toro self propelled mower, I can remember when I had my mom come out to help me start it, haha. Right now I mow two yards (mine and my neighbor’s), this will keep me busy for probably around two hours or more. I was thinking, just thinking about enlarging my "business" and picking up a few more lawns around the neighborhood. I could probably find a quite a few since the house are close together (so I wouldn't have to travel far) and most of the owners are older, or would just rather be golfing than mowing grass. The only problem would be trying to compete with major commercial businesses, I would guess that 80% of the lawns mowed are not by the homeowners, but by commercial businesses. I was also thinking about upgrading my 20 in. (I think) toro self propelled mower to a commercial grade used scag or similar walk behind or possibly a heavily used ztr. I have some money saved up so I don't think I would have a problem buying one as long as it could pay for its self in a season or two.

Are there any other concerns at my age like insurance or business license, etc. Remember I;m only 14 (almost 14).

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 7 queries