View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
My take based on a quick review of the manual.

The additional features on this controller over the WMSL are definitely attractive and I would say a head and one shoulder above the WMSL. A few things I would point out.

1) I suspect historical averages are based on USDA plant hardiness zone and more likely than not should not be trusted.

2) It is most likely using a custom cooked version of the Penman-Monteith formula which should increase ET calculation accuracy over the WMSL.

3) Support for the landscape coefficient method is nothing short of impressive. Still not entirely there, but WAY better than WMSL. Perhaps support for manual entering KL would be a step in the right direction.

4) The interval (cyclic) option of 2-14 days is stoopid. Why they choose those values is beyond me.

Perhaps more comments to follow.

@Jim

The unit does not appear to operate any differently than the WMSL as it applies interval watering. It appears the controller just varies water times based on weather station and user input. This is no different than the WMSL, and in the same way, just as limited.

The only reasonable way that I see a controller of this class allowing for a true "skip day" feature is to have an option for manual setting allowable depletion values for each zone.

@Dan

I'm curious how you were able to determine 0.001 accuracy when the unit only has a resolution of 0.01?

-------------------

Despite my intense dislike for RB controller UI in just about all their controllers (other than this one) , all in all, if this controller had been on the market last year, I would not have recommended a single WMSL.
The only reasonable way that I see a controller of this class allowing for a true "skip day" feature is to have an option for manual setting allowable depletion values for each zone.

Nice thinking Kiril. Does any controller do this?

UI means user interface?

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 7 queries