View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
mycorrihzial colonization depends on NO APPLIED PHOSPHOROUS

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why do you insist in busting my B@lls? ur not a gardener, you are not in the field, you sell questionable products to the unsuspecting type that doesn't know any better,

i know all ur info ONLY comes from what you read or are told and have NO field experience or field observation to rely on so why do you always think you know??? yes possibly depending on the situation high levels of soluble P in the soil environment could prevent/discourage a mycorrhzail association
but does't that all depend on a lot of different things? plant type,soil type, ete ete. growing turf aside where did i say to dump a ton of rock phos on the soil? or bone meal,?

question..? say you start with a soil medium with very low nutrient levels across the board, would it not be advisable to amend the soil with different naturally SLOW release mineral's that contain some P-,and "K Ca Mg S "ete ete
- very necessary plant nutrient because the plan is to inoculate with myco strain's?

and if not where is the P going to come from, are the myco going to mine it from the air??? are the myco going to set up shop and provide P emedindly if needed?
and since still to this date you have not released ANY of this research you say you have can you tell me how long it takes for a turf growing in a soil lacking P or a soil that is not providing sufficient P to the plant how long does it take after a myco inoculation takes place, how long
will it take for the plant to benefit and the myco help fix the deficiency???

ill take my chances adding correct amounts of different SLOW release nutes and let the soil work out who stays and are really needed when their needed
beside spores lye dorment for years till needed no?

question 2, bone meal, ever use it?? honestly? do you know how much is too much to prevent myco association? you tested? never mind i already know the answer.

this is from Rodale institute site and i believe David Douds research.
http://www.newfarm.org/depts/NFfield...viddouds.shtml

One unexpected finding of Douds' work at Rodale "is that mycorrhizae can be used to increase the yield of crops even in soils that are very high in phosphorous." Some of the soils at the Rodale Farm which have been heavily composted, Douds notes, "have available P in excess of 300 parts/million"--well above the level at which mycorrhizal responses are typically seen, around 20-50 ppm available P. "The generalization would be that P as high as 300 would be a situation in which the plant can take up all the P that it needs by itself without relying on the mycorrhizal fungi." Douds believes that at high nutrient levels, some of the other benefits of MF--enhanced disease resistance, improved soil aggregation and better water relations--could be showing an effect.

Page generated in 0.04962 seconds with 7 queries