View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
Went to Lesco today & all they had was hulled seed. Called a few other places & they either didn't know what they had or it was hulled. The Co-op had a brand called Laredo @ $6.19/lb or hulled @ $2.50/lb. Because I'm so late in getting this in the ground I don't think I have much of an option on the seed. Asked all three places about a coated seed & specifically the Yukon & all I got was a constipated look on their faces.

I did get the yard tilled today & got my top soil this afternoon. The top soil was very wet...took the guy 20 minutes to get it off the dump truck as it just stuck to the bed of the truck. To make matters worse I'm moving this stuff around with a compact utility tractor & it doesn't take much of that wet top soil to over load the front end loader. Small scoops & many many trips back to the pile.

I'm going to try to get this wrapped up by tomorrow eve as we are expecting rain here on Fri. Thanks again to all for your help! Scott
Bermuda seed is very expensive per pound(the seed is microscopic and there are way more seeds per pound than other grasses).That seed you are getting for that price is garbage and you are wasting your money.

The kind that was recommended earlier (Yukon) should run about $500 for 25 pounds.DO NOT cut corners when picking a seed and settle for a cheap one,it makes a HUGE difference.You get what you pay for,and every seed has a different genetic makeup to combat weeds and all types of other issues that could arise down the road.

http://www.bermudagrass.com/info/yukon.html

You can order it here...

http://www.seedland.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=YUKON

$529.00 for a 25 pound bag,You will need 3 when its all said and done.

I'm telling you don't waste your money with that cheap stuff,you will regret it later.

Page generated in 0.04234 seconds with 7 queries