View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What Size/Brand/Type of mower?

I have a 10 year old torro self propelled mulching mower, I am thinking about picking up a few extra lawns this summer, and keeping them as a job through high school (Im going to be a freshman next year). I would much rather be mowing lawns for myself than working in a McDonalds on someone elses schedule. I was wondering what type/brand/size/etc. of mower would be best? I would be using it to mow small/medium lawns. It would need to be able to move around trees easly but still make a big enough cut to get the yard done quick. I was thinking of a walk behind because they are much cheaper, and I could just buy a velke if I needed to go faster or didin't want to walk. I was thinking around the 48 inch size, and remember, I will still have the toro 21 inch (or whatever it is) for the small areas. I was looking at scag because they are usually popular so they are the most avaliable and they are in my price range (used) around $1500-$3000. Here is what I found on my local craigslist for 'scag' http://charlotte.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=scag . See any great deals, Im new to this so I don't really know much about them. Or any other suggestions on brands, sizes, or pretty much anything will be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.04255 seconds with 7 queries