Thread: RWF, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't want to invade this thread, but there's been a small amount of chat about big trailers. I trust that if there's going to be a bunch of responses - that someone will be kind enough to start a new thread for this subject.

Check with you state's DOT laws about licensing requirements for trailers over 10,000#.

In MD and PA trailers factory rated, or registered (tagged), or weighing more than 10,000# - require a Class A Restricted license. The "restricted" means you do not have to have the air brake endorsement (unless you have air brakes). Most D.O.T. laws are the same state to state, this way someone isn't legally passing through one state and suddenly illegally passing through another state. Even if you're pulling the trailer with a mid size pick up truck.

Again, I don't want to start a new topic in RWF's thread. Just pointing out some food for thought when considering making such a purchase. A buddy of mine with a class B license just got nailed for pulling a 14,000# gooseneck with a pickup without a Class A.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04428 seconds with 7 queries