View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

he already paid me back

Our renter just paid me "in full" for the pickup truck. I told you he would.

Today I bought a 1995 Chevy S-10 pickup for one of my guys so they now have two running vehicles. ($500 for the S-10). This allows his wife to have her own car so she can get a job too -- especially important when my employee relies on weekly unemployment checks during winter. They will make payments for the S-10 when they can.

I would not do this for everybody, but when I am blessed with a hard working employee, it's a smart move. Plus it makes me feel good. Struggling Americans deserve a hand UP -- especially if they have proven themselves with us.

Employees have a responsibility to help when they can. IMO.
-- cuz the road runs both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Two days ago, I bought a 1995 Cadillac El Dorado for one of my guys. He will make monthly payments. We have done this for several guys/for several years. No skin off our back, cuz many employees are trying to get out of debt, get caught up on child support, etc & upgrade their way of living. We also just bought a 1997 Isuzu (jap company) pickup for one of our renters. Same thing -- he will make payments.

Luck has been with us for many years (partly due to working as many as 90 hours a week) so we are able to help those who need a "hand up" instead of a "hand out". Life is short, and I don't mind helping folks who work hard in order to support themselves & families.

All our guys get one lawn to treat for free. They can always wash their vehicles anytime for free. They are always able to use our warehouse & tools to maintain their vehicles for free.

We own 2 residential & 2 commercial properties, and we have no long term debt. Everything we have is paid off. That's why we are able to treat employees they way they deserve to be treated. If is were not for them, we would have no company whatsoever. They are the foundation of our business.

Page generated in 0.04343 seconds with 7 queries