View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Use the search feature just to the right of new posts and you should have hours of reading on contracts and the good and bad. Don't know how old you are but you must be 18 to sign a contract.

As far as new work word of mouth and is probably your best lead. Again a search will give you lots of information. If you want to narrow your search down use the advanced feature and put in a members name and if they have contributed to the topic you will get their thoughts. Procuts, txgrassguy, jimlewis are all good members to read up on. You will find more I'm sure. BigW is a guy that built his company up pretty fast he dosen't participate any more but if you believe him he went from zero to hiring employees in just a year or so.

Justmowit built a franchise model but never sold it, DFW is following in their footsteps. Bohilla and I both do upper end residential. Rodfather is a commercial guy that always gave good info. It is all just a little bit different. Procuts epic thread on how to crash and burn is a must read for anyone serious about growing the business.

I know the search feature is not as heady as having members respond to you personally but it gets old giving the same info year after year. There is a goldmine of info in the archives.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”

Page generated in 0.03941 seconds with 7 queries