View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslawnguy View Post
this is a interesting idea with the brakes for ZTRs when the whole situation has been solved with 4x4 tractors and mowers on a boom. lmao This might get the job done some of the time but the right equipment will get it done every time. My life is very important to me and if I had to mow some of the slopes that you guys do my equipment choice would reflect for my safety. Just my two cents. I'm just surprised that no one has even mention that there is already equipment for these type of mowing situations.
theres another point...
look ted, i think your brakes look nice but i am saying you think in the 25 + years ztr's were around no one thought of this???? they did hell alot of us did but the fact is this overall there is no need for them.. please tell me how you would sell this to a exmark? scag? hustler? bad boy?
1. there are to many what if's 2. cost 3. new design.. the list goes on and on. another thing, what if hill is wet? brakes or no brakes your going to slide down the hill period mostly with slick tires or what your gonna add a abs system? tires with tread on front.
facts are facts. the fact is this, the real cost to bring a item like this to a mower would be $1000.00 + easy.. hell i just put in belt on my hustler super z and the belt was $59.99 for 1 belt and there are so many what if's and if worth having or not and in the big picture no they are useless period.....
now as for your mower with them on thats fine and you did a nice job with it but thats all it is a nice thing you made for your mower

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 7 queries