View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
milike's Avatar
milike milike is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by rknarr2 View Post
I finally just took the weed eater to the stihl shop. I told him everything that I did and he was first surprised that what I did did not fix it then he asked me who did the work on it? I told him I did and that he thought it was still a gasoline problem. He asked me if I took any of the welch plugs off and pulled something out and cleaned it. I am thinking he is referring to the valve jet out of its seat. According to a stihl service manual that I bought recently, it says to use a 5 mm (approx. 3/16") dia. drift to press the valve jet out of its seat in the direction of the venturi (not sure what a venturi is) and wash it in white spirit. It might also be possible that i put in one of the gasket in wrong like the diaphram.
All the 'cost' of going through this thorough cleaning to 'save' an old would be cheaper and quicker to just spring for a new carb.
(1) Exmark 52"
(1) snapper 21"
(2) echo trimmer

Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04127 seconds with 8 queries