Thread: Sweat equity
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'll use the ramps tomorrow again, also I used water and dish soap in a squeeze bottle to lube the tracks and rollers so they slide over easier.
Considering this was done by myself, it was easier than the track replacement on my T190, at least I could lift this track and position it with out a mini excavator.
The manual does say to drop the machine down after the tracks are under the rollers and roll the machine forward to engage the squirrel cage, but I don't see that happening, another method was to get the rear and top engaed and pull the slack over the front, but I am in a tight spot.

I won't send this machine off to a mechanic, I can't afford that luxury, I like to wrench on things, I even bought a cheap-o electric impact drill just to rattle the bolts loose. Those things are so freaking cool to play with.

Next item since the machine is off the ground is the service interval on the final drives, drain and replace with new oil, my Dad is telling me to try engine oil like he has in the excavators, but I don't trust it just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96

Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 7 queries