View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
Did the tiles around the pool pop off during the demo? What make is that tamper.
The tile was in not the greatest shape before we started. Many of the tiles were loose before we started. The home owner stated that they kinda neglect the pool during the winter, meaning when it fills with water or snow - they have never pumped the water so that it maintains below the tile, thus the tile has frozen.

So the Mrs. told us not to worry about the tile because they would have new tile installed.

Which brings up another point. It is my personal opinion that the older the pool - the better the craftsmanship of the installation of the tile. The newer the pool - the poorer the installation. With that said, for those that will / may be doing paver work around pools - I suggest you have some sort of a clause in your agreement covering this. Also, be sure to explain the potential of disturbing the tile to the client upon initial consultation, as well as during signing of the contract. Back in June we worked with a pool that was built in 1961, and the tile on that pool wasn't budging!

Tamper is an Ignersol Rand. Has a couple tiny features that Wacker doesn't.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 09-20-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 7 queries