View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrusk View Post
dvs what features does the tamper have that the wacker doesnt?
I'll be glad to answer this question. But please realize we all have our own personal reasons for preferencing one machine over another.

The biggest thing for me with IR vs Wacker is that IR is more easily servicable. It's almost as if IR took a Wacker and studied it and said "ok, what can we do to make this so people like it better?".

Some guys will take a machine to a mechanic anytime the slightest thing happens to it. Me, as long as parts are available I'll fix it and keep it forever, 95% of the time I work on our equipment myself. The IR is much more user friendly in terms of servicing the belt. And the vibrator is easily accessible. Whereas with our Wacker - the vibrator is not easy to access, and the belt requires a little more effort to get to it. Also engine swapping on the IR is much more easier/friendly compared to Wacker. Others may not care about these things, but I do, I'm the one who works on it. Someone set forth some thought into designing them.

IR also has adjustable handlebars.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04192 seconds with 7 queries