Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rain Day At the right time.

I've got two HO's trying to figure out what exactly they are going to do. I called them both today and turned the screws on them. I pretty much told them if they want work done, then they need to act quickly so I can finish before the first hard freeze.

I was polite, and told them that I don't like to pressure my customers, but the weather will be the biggest issue.

It's raining though, so that makes me feel better that I'm not wasting good days working.

I've got a meeting with my banker this afternoon to explore my options for buying a mini-skid. Good Stuff.

In the spirit of the rainy day, I took a pic of my neat little spot on my property. It's an annual hibiscus that I dig up every fall and put in the basement and let it go dormant. I've had it for 5 years now, and surprisingly I haven't killed it.

Around it are some white caladiums, but they are past peak and starting to wither some. Also is my purple heart plant. Around the Hibiscus is just ends of the mother plant I snapped off in the spring and stuck them in the ground. They took a while to root, but they look good now.

People walking by always so it's the best spot on my property. Not saying much though as my landscaping looks like crap.

Name:  Hybiscus.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  74.3 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.03782 seconds with 8 queries