Thread: Efflouresence
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no idea to to advise for this.

I would say that Nicolock needs to do something to make the problem right. Who was the rep that looked at it? Your job is to build a wall that will last. Nicolock's job is to make a product that will not degrade property values.

In terms of final payment. Did you perform the work as specified in the contract in a satisfactory manner? Did you do exactly as promised in the contract? If so, the client is legally obligated to pay you, presuming you have a VA Contractor's license. They are obligated to the contract because you fulfilled the contract. The contract should have stated the brand, the color, and the name of the wall material to be used. This establishes what's called in the legal world "meeting of the minds". In other words, they knew what they were getting, they accepted it, you did as promised.

I would call the manager at Nicolock and very politely, yet sternly ask that they supply a cleaner and that they come to the site and assist in cleaning their block. Explain that the homeowner is holding money because of an issue with their product.

See, I have a clause on the back of our contract that addresses efflouresence.

Also, did the client spec the materials, or did you introduce them to Nicolock??

Ya know, a few weeks ago I did lunch with reps from another manufacturer in MD. they were talking about how some of their product was defective. Not only did they replace the material......they also paid a contractor for their labor to take it up the bad, dump the bad into a roll off dumpster (supplied by the manufacturer) and lay new.....

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 09-29-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.04030 seconds with 7 queries