Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Day 1

Camera malfunction, no pics.

I knew there was a reason that I didn't use that piece of junk anymore.

So, here's how the day went.

Woke up at 4:30, automatically . I had my BNI meeting this morning at 7:00 a.m., that I've found out actually starts by 7:15. (when everyone finally get there).

So, low and behold, the landscaper that was kicked out of the group shows up to the meeting, and apologizes to the group for his tardiness in the past couple of months.

Without going into details, and without being disrespectful, the whole situation was awkward to say the least. I'm not even sure if he realized he was no longer a member.

Once the meeting was over, I high tailed it to the job site to be there by 9:30 when the machine was being delivered.

Man was it sweet. I got to work lifting the sidewalk and proceded to load the truck. The s600tx diesel is a great machine.

Took me 30 minutes to load 2 tons. 20 minute round trip to the asphalt plant and back.

Only got three loads done though. After my first load it started raining, and so I took a long lunch. Luckily it stopped long enough in the afternoon to get two more loads done by 4:00 p.m. I'll have to show you guys pics of the crazy path I took to help minimize my ruts in the lawn.

I think we've had about an inch of rain over the course of the day, so I really don't think I'll be doing much there tomorrow. I might go back over and shoot some pics though.

That's it for now, feel free to ask questions.

Nick W.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.04096 seconds with 7 queries