View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the pics, I started construction today on the sides. I am doing pressure treated framing, outdoor CDX then covering it with a roofing tar. I have 2x6's running along the tops and bottoms and then 2x4's for the uprights. I decided to use my existing sideboards and build up 4 feet from there. I am going to tie the side boards to box using lags and flat stock metal. I am not sure about the roof yet but I have large L brackets and I may install some mesh on the front or top for vents. I am in the process of getting the doors figured out. I am pretty sure on the dual barn doors on each side to distribute the load along the sides instead of a large top hinge. I will get pics up for others when I can. FYI pressure treated plywood is twice the price of the outdoor CDX, marine grade is over 80 bucks a sheet so that was out. The PT framing I am using wood from a deck I removed so its not pretty but no one will ever see it. I have decided on a tar based covering to keep the cost down because there is so much square footage to cover. I hope to have to completed by the weekend.
2010 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Crewcab
2009 Stealth 8.5 x 18 enclosed
2005 PJ 8.5 x 20 7 ton open deck
2003 Bri-mar 6 x 12 5 ton dump
2003 John Deere 110 TLB
Old Bobcat skidsteer
48" Exmark Lazer hp
48" Exmark Navigator
(2) 52" Scag Walkbehind
(2) Stihl BR600 blowers
Every Stihl Kombie attachment
Cyclone Rake Prof.