View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, I'm going to post pics this week of my setup on the dump truck as soon as its finished. I used to do similar things with plywood on my dump insert as you guys are on your 1 tons but found myself spending a small fortune on PT plywood, 2x4's, and fasteners.

My new dump has a 12' landscape body with poly sides and floors, 4' high sides with barn doors in the rear and a side door. I'm going with 1" 20' sections of pvc irrigation pipe fastened to the insides of the body with brackets and stainless hardware to create a hoop system that I can simply bungy the tarp down with. The plan is to cut the 20' sections down to 18'. This should give me a 3' high bow over the rear doors high enough for the loader to discharge through while its mounted at the front of the trailer. Tarp is 12' wide by 20' long to provide plenty of area to wrap the front and around the discharge tube of the leaf vac. Plus, once I have the hardware mounted to the inside, it should take all of 2 minutes to change back and forth, just a matter of bending the pipes into or out of the clamps and removing or pulling the tarp on.

Last edited by SpruceLandscape; 10-09-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 7 queries