Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad day.....

So, surprisingly enough, I was able to work today. Let me give you a little update info.

So, last Wednesday, I had the 15 tons brought in. My neighbor, who is also my mechanic, helped me spread and compact it while I ran the mini moving the material. That day I was able to get a minimum of 2, no more than 5 inches compacted to be able to make water run away if it rained. Then yesterday my neighbor's basement flooded when his sump pump quit working, so I had the pleasure of helping him tear out the carpet and get the basement dried up.

So, Thursday it rained, and then Thursday night, then Friday, the Friday night into this morning. We ended up with 4 inches of rain. I think that makes a total of over 8 inches of rain for the month. I've only worked 8 days out of the last 28. Right now the 10 day forecast doesn't look the greatest.

That's it in a nutshell. Luckily the skies parted about 11 a.m. this morning and I was able to lay more base. I was spent from hauling carpet the day before so I got probably about 8 tons laid today. My fill was wet from being in the rain the last couple of days, so when I went to compact it, I was squeezing water out of the fill. Luckily I had only one spot that held water and has too much water in it to get it compacted. Hopefully we will get a streak of dry weather to dry everything up..

Name:  base2a.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  140.5 KB

Name:  base2b.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  129.4 KB

This is the corner where I had water standing.

Name:  base2c.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  base2d.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  99.7 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.03812 seconds with 8 queries