View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atouchofnature View Post
Smallaxe is right. The best weed control is a thick, healthy lawn that is mowed high. You would get a better end result if you were to spend your weed control budget on quality seed, and use good cultural practices. Water infrequently and deeply, fertilize in the fall and restore the lawn's biological balance with compost topdressings and compost tea.

The problem is that the above mentioned methods do not provide instant results, and many of us have come to believe that if we don't see results instantly, then we wasted our money. I wish I had a dollar for every customer who has called me to complain that their lawn wasn't thick 1 week after seeding, or the weeds weren't dead 4 hours after spraying.

bavaria-n: If you are patient, and willing to wait a short while for results, maybe even have to live with a few weeds during the waiting, go with smallaxe's methods. If you are impatient, and hate weeds, then use pre-emergent herbicides. With smallaxe's recommendations, you will have to live with some weeds for a while, and minimal weeds after the lawn is in shape. With the chemical method, you will have to apply the chemicals from now until doomsday
I am very patient, but after reading “The Georgia Guidestones”I don’t know how much time I have…
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
I wonder whose idea was this monument?

Page generated in 0.04548 seconds with 7 queries