View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted corriher View Post
You have got to be kidding me!

Nobody out of the 5000+ views of people reading this thread that has watched the videos thought that the front brakes could help save someone's life or make these thousand pound plus machines safer?

I find that hard to believe. . . especially with the LCO body count from rollover and drownings due to mowing on slopes . . .

Surely someone contacted their ZTR manufacturer and requested the brakes be added???

Talk about needing a GRASS ROOTS Campaign . . . I am literally stunned.
Properly educating someone on using the mower safely, and not in places where it was not designed to be used, is MUCH cheaper than raising the price of the ZTR, which is already insanely expensive.

Rollovers and drownings are due to operator error. Let's not sugar coat it. The manuals spell out where the mower should not be taken and what it takes to safely operate it.

Front brakes may extend that threshhold, but there will still be an idiot who will surpass the laws of physics, ignore the warnings put forth in the operator's manual, and put the mower in a pond and kill themselves.

Your idea is good and being a mechanical type of person I can appreciate the work you've put into these, but I sure hope that my mower manufacturer does not pick them up. I don't want to be forced to pay even more for a mower because it has yet another feature I don't want nor need.

If it's an option, yay, fine by me, let the guys who want/need them get them.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 7 queries