View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsagrass View Post
Maybe I missed the answer if it's been asked already (the discussion is rather long) but what's the cost of the brake system? Owner installable?

Interesting thing I saw today on Hustler Turf's web site for their ATZ model, since we're talking about hills (their model made for hills)...it has factory installed wheel weights that other seemed to frown on when I asked about wheel weights as well as the AT101 chevron tires factory installed (same as the eXmark Frontrunner tires).
I have between $650 and $850 involved at full retail for all of the parts and labor to install them on the different models I have put them on. This doesn't include the close to 100K that I have personally invested in RND, testing, patent fees, attorney fees, as well as what my booth cost at the GIE Expo.

I did just clear it to sell the Tedbrakes Front Braking System on Ebay. They will be mounted to any NEW Commercial Bad Boy Mower that they make. I will post a link to where they are on Ebay as soon as I get them on there. You will be buying the Brakes that just happened to be attached to the New Bad Boy Mower of your choice.

Because of the welding, and custom design for each and every mower I have put them on, it would be nearly impossible to ever offer this to the end consumer as a Kit. Just too many mowers out there in service for me to retro fit something for all of them. I have a full time job already that is paying the bills while I invented the TedBrakes.

If i did find time to make kits, I would be caught up in liability issues with consumers using welding torches and machining the spindles as well as putting them on incorrectly . . .

Seems like if Hustler was looking to make a model "made for hills" then they might want to put some front brakes on it.

Page generated in 0.03851 seconds with 7 queries