Thread: Brickman
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
and you said you worked there?? you obviously didn't learn much while you were there. brickman, despite what many of you think, usually tries to increase the market value when they get into an area, not bring it down by low bidding everything. they wouldn't be as large and successful as they are if they were lowballing every job. but.... they are big enough, that if they want a job bad enough, they can buy it by being cheapest the price. must be nice, huh?? maybe, instead of bashing them all the time, you all should pay attention to what they're doing out there, because it's obviously working, and there's about $700-800 million that prove it. just my two cents.
That's all well and good, but I'm not sure if you worked there or not. I wasn't referring to their estimating methods, just the overall way they run things. I'd like to see you get treated like a piece of garbage by your bosses and I'd like to see you have good things to say about them. I can tell you many stories about the way employees were treated at my branch. If you want some examples just ask. I shouldn't speak for all branches, but the one I was at was a joke. And lastly, I did learn some valuable things during my time there, but because I didn't want to take part in their "Brickman family days", weekend retreats, and being at their becking call every minute of my life....I decided it wasn't for me.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com

Page generated in 0.03917 seconds with 7 queries