Thread: Brickman
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I worked for Brickman for 9 years as an operations manager as well as being an account manager. I can tell you that operationally, you will be hard pressed to find any company that is as committed to efficiency as Brickman. There is a rhyme and reason for everything that is done. I am currently under a no compete so I will not share any details publicly, but I can assure you that anyone who wouldn't want to do "business" the way that Brickman does, needs to do their homework. As far as customer service goes, this is the area that the smaller LCO's will be able to get the upper hand. Not because Brickman as a company doesn't strive to be the best in this area, but because the account managers are so overloaded it is impossible for them to see their clients as often as even they would like to. As an example, I was responsible for the management of 80 clients, as well as $350K in new sales and $200K in upsales to existing clients. Now with that being said, in a 40 hour work week that gives me 30 min per client per week. That 30 minutes would include drive time, time with the client, resolving any issues on site, looking at problems reported by the client as well as evaluating the site with a trained eye to identify areas needing improvement. This doesn't leave much time for sales calls, canvassing, measuring(yes they measure most everything, at least I did)estimating, putting together bids and bid presentation. Then following up on all of the sales calls, proposed work.... I am telling you all this is the area where the small LCO can get the upper hand on the larger compaies out there. I personally met Scott Brickman on 3 seperate occasions and I can assure you that he is a quality individual who is interested in nothing more than giving each of his customers the very best. Unfortunately for Scott, he is not able to be in front of every client and he relies on people who may not feel the same way. In closing this book I did say I no longer work for Brickman and I believe that the reason I was let go was to make room for someone who would be accepting of less pay for the same workload (notice I didn't say experience or commitment and loyalty to the company) and I believe that I would have retired from there. I do believe that God has given me a great opportunity to get back to the part of this industry that I dearly love. Sorry again for the book.

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 7 queries