Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, beleive me i have though of it!!! i get pin oak, sycamore from my yard and silver maple from next door. oh, and a few red bud trees from behind me. i could start a mini forest! i jsut go through a few times in summer and pull them out. i wait till we get a goo drain to make it easy, or irrigate.

thanks for your compliments white gardens. i do have a succession which i am very proud of from early spring with tulips, hyacinths daffodils through all the way to the heavy frosts with my asters and salvias and others.

i am a collector of sorts now with about 39 varieties of daylilies, 7 savlias, 5 coneflowers, six daisies, 5 black eyed susans and liek 10 hostas or so. these of course are not all my landscape beds but you get the idea.

i have done a few landscapes for some of my customers that include more shrubs, but about half perennials so as to have color for most of the growing season. these few gardens i have been able to install and maintain(one is commercial) i have gotten some yard awards for them. i guess i am doing something right.

Last edited by grassman177; 12-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.04572 seconds with 7 queries