View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkLandscapingOrlando View Post
I got a guy that asked me for a quote and a month later he had a mow rig. Now I know he just wanted to set a price. Now he got his price but nothing else. Had he walked up and just told me what he was thinking he would have gotten alot more than a price. I'm not worried about him taking my work so he could have learned a ton that would save him in the end. But he wanted to be undercover so now he can work it out.

I would get you some books and learn your local plant material, pest, and soil issues. You cant sell nothing. If you can walk up and sound smarter than the other guy, then you win. Even if he does every thing you can talk about, your service sounds better
Good point.... There aren't too many lawn care businesses in my area, which may help me, or hurt me.... But there is a favorable sized Landscaping business that doesn't concentrate too much on typical lawn care. I plan on trying to get a meeting with the owner and actually tell him what I plan on doing and ask him a ton of questions on how he got started, etc.... maybe if I can build a level professional courtesy with him, then he can throw the small stuff my way and the things that are too big for me, I can do the return favor..... I'll let you know how that works out....

Thanks for the tip!

Page generated in 0.04035 seconds with 7 queries