View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just full of questions aren’t you…ha-ha jk

I didn’t read anyone else’s posts so if anything I say is a repeat just throw it to the side.

Yea truck lettering and door magnets work but only when cars are driving next to you. If you’re at a lawn they won’t work at all. The possible customers will walk over to you instead of calling you. Go spend the $200-$300 dollars on a huge tailgate sign for your trailer. Anyone behind you will read it the entire way down the road. If it’s as big as mine (talking about my signs) no one will miss it.

Bulk mailing works but you can not completely focus where you want your customers. This will lead to running everywhere for estimates. News paper ads bring low to no paying customers looking for deals…don’t bother. Flyers work awesome if done correctly. You can focus where you want your customer base and they are cheaper then other forms of advertising.

Remember with flyers you will get out of them what you put in them, make a good flyer and fold it. Put it in a door hanger with a BUSSINESS CARD. Business cards are very important to flyers. Most people will throw away your flyer but keep your card. I am still getting phone calls from business cards that I haven’t used in 2 years.

As far as pricing…I messaged you before I seen this post. The way you come up with it is by figuring in how much it costs you to operate per hour then add what you want to make per hour. Add some more for difficulty and if the customers shows they are hard to get money out of then really stick it to them to make it worth it. Most large zturns cost about $16.00 per hour to operate including paying someone to run it….hope that helps?

Always always always go with your gut feeling about the potential customer. If you feel uneasy about them then get your money before doing work. Most of the time your gut will let you know if your about to get screwed.

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html

Page generated in 0.04130 seconds with 7 queries