View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

turfman -

Yes they are our sites. The only sites we maintain are five acres and larger. You can check under "lawn care packages" thread and I talk more in detail about it there.

We do have a brown bededger but are considering a self propelled Bedshaper for next year.

Bobcat over tractor. You can go round and round about that one. The tractor is good because of the 3 point hook up. The bucket on the tractor is a quick attach plate and we do have hydros that run up to the front. We have run augers, grapple buckets, forks, etc. off the front. The only real drawback we face is lift capacity. A bobcat will have it at that. We max out at 2000 lbs. so it gets a little hairy at times. Both have advantages but the tractor runs the overseeder better and the powerrake better. 6 one half a dozen the other. If we need a skidder we rent one.

How many years? This company is going on its 3rd year believe it or not and looks hit into the seven digit sales mark. We declared a profit the 1st and 2nd years. I had a company in NJ for 7 years went off college, got my degree, worked for others while at college. I made a huge amount of notes, what works, what doesn't, and really observed what customers are looking for and what makes grounds care companies fail. I don't plan on this company getting huge. Maybe 3-4 rigs rolling daily. You can profit fine from that and turn a really good $ if you do your homework.

Hope this helps some.

etwman.

Last edited by etwman; 12-20-2002 at 06:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.04253 seconds with 7 queries