View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nlminc
etwman.
Very nice! I have a similar set up. My trailer is an 8x20. I just sold a 7x14 that I used for residential lawn routes. The 8x20 is just used for a commercial account carting 2 DCs.

??? Do you use that 28 footer to service residential properties? If so, is it a major PITA to get that in and out of neighborhoods?

Again...nice photos....liked the story about how you started out.

Chris
Yes it takes a little work moving it around but most of our sites are large scale commercial. This rig w/ our Toro 580-D cuts about 300 acres a week. The worst was getting in and out of gas stations. So we solved that problem with mobile transfer tanks in the bed of the truck. One is gas the other off road diesel. Two 60 gallon tanks with 12v pumps. Now we fill them up every other day and don't deal with the hastle of the gas stations. However, when we build the trailer we had 2 12"x12" fuel doors put on the right side so when you pull up to the gas station you just sneek the hose right inthe side and fill up without unloading. Works well but it takes some work. The fuel tanks were a better solution.

My guys have a little fun with this rig at times. About it being a little like a NASCAR trailer. Out on a site they'll come into the trailer (pits) and yell out, "I need three blades, I'm a little loose on the hills take 1 pound out of my right rear, and a splash and go. GREEN GREEN GREEN! we're here to make time .. not friends"

I told them we are in no way numbering these mowers with 3, 8, or 24 and we are definitely not wearing helmets. Keep the speed down, we are professionals.
Attached Images

Last edited by etwman; 12-21-2002 at 08:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03830 seconds with 8 queries