View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Now that I am done pizzing on myself over Kevin's video. I am doing one of my regulars and a guy rollerblades by twice watching me. He flags me down on my way out wanting an estimate. Nice gated community, corner lot, 1/3 acre. Says he has "Joes Lawn Service" doing it now but they edge too deep, scalp around the sprinklers blah, blah, blah. I ask my standard " so, what are they charging to make you unhappy?" Guy says 45.00 a month!! Mind you this is a 3 man crew I've seen here with good equipment. The guy shows me an invoice. I about fell over. This was not a winter rate either. This is beyond lowballing. I do yards all around him for 100.00, most I have had for 3 years. Joe can have it, guy sounded like a PITA, maybe I should get him to sub my accounts.
Sounds exactly like the estimate I did last week. The guy says the last company was charging him only $100 for 2 properties. (But the weren't showing up, I kinda chuckled, that's why they only charge $100, they weren't doing anything, lol.) I gave him a $200month quote. He said that was a little too much, (even though the neigbor pays $100 for his LCO). Then he had to think about it.....then I thought to myself, whatever, keep findin the cheap ones dude, those are the ones that don't show up.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!

Page generated in 0.04323 seconds with 7 queries