View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Member

teach me something :)

I don't powerwash anything but my home and driveway, and some family's. My father bought a powerwasher about 10 yrs ago (a cheap $400 craftsjunk) and told me to powerwash his house (ranch style) and driveway(I had to teach myself). I buy a gallon of the vinyl-siding detergent or concrete detergent, mix it according to the directions, stick the suction hose of the powerwasher into the 5 gallon bucket and set the wand to dispense the soap. I spray about a 10 ft area or so and wait a few minutes then turn the wand to the powerwashing function and blast away, using a fan style pattern. BUT all the dirt doesn't come off...there are times where I have to actually scrub the siding with a scrub brush and then powerwash it. I did a friends home once..that hadn't ever been done. This house was only about 25ft off the road so the front porch was EXTREMELY filthy...I have never seen such filth. Looked like the house went mudding in the woods. I was going to clean all the windows for him but the outside was so filthy I suggested powerwashing it first. I spent like 5 hours just on the porch area which is like 10ft tall by about 50 ft long. How the heck are you guys cleaning these homes so fast and with no power? I certainly don't want to do this for a living, I leave that up to you pros...I just want to be able to clean my home, family, friends, and driveways.

I plan to buy a machine from PRESSURETEK along with a surface cleaner(probably like a 4000 psi, 4-6gpm cold water unit).

I have never been able to just apply detergent and then just rinse it off with garden hose-type pressure and get clean WHITE vinyl-siding. To do a 900 sq ft ranch (my dads) would take the better part of 4-5hrs, to get it clean, not halfassing it.

I would appreciate some help here...as to what chemical to use and how to do it.

Page generated in 0.03526 seconds with 7 queries