Reasons why I chose the Kubota over "OTHER" brands.
1. A gearbox drive setup instead of several belts for the mower deck. The deck does have one belt that is like an inch wide. They usually last at least 2k hours.
2. Wet clutch to engage mower deck instead of electric clutch. The wet clutch should last longer.
3. Hydrostatic type transmission instead of the pump and wheel motor type that everyone else uses. If this type of transmission is good enough to put in big tractors then it is good enough for my mower.
4. A hydrolic lift for the mower deck.
5. Greaseable spindles. (I like greaseing things)
6. Fuel Gauge
7. Didn't want a 60'' deck and I thought a 52'' was a little to small. Kubota is smart and makes a 54'' deck.
8. The total length of the machine is short, and also the bagging system goes partly over the hood. No other brand can compete with the length of the Kubota.
9. The price was also nice. I paid $7500 for the machine and $2050 for the bagging system. No other machine could compare for this price. Scag wanted $8400 for a Tiger Cub 52" with a little 23hp. This machine is like a little toy compared to the Kubota. Also scag wanted 2700 for a bagger.
I plan on having this Kubota for a long time, and it will last. (especially with the way I maintain things)
If your in the market for a lawn mower then don't buy a Kubota. If your in the market for a lawn mower that is built like a tractor then buy a KUBOTA.
Kubota's prices are also cheaper because they manufacture everything themselves.
21 Years Old
Currently going to college full time
50 Mowing Accounts
Connecticut Pesticide Supervisor License
2002 Dodge Ram
16 Ft. Car Trailer
2011 Ferris DD Comfort Control 52
2009 Kubota ZG227 27 H.P. 54"
2008 48 Scag Belt Driven WB with a 17 kawi
95% Solo Operation