Ditch the "redneck" and "shithouse". Neither inspire and only conjure up a joke. Really.
1. needs to have a diesel option for small and large cutting decks. I refuse to believe that all diesels have to be heavy. Everride makes a 52" diesel that weighs in right around 1100 #s.
2. An on demand mulch deck that actually works. The John Deere systems neither discharges or mulches worth a damn. * OR (see #4)
3. Design a flip up deck like is used by Country Clipper.
4. *Incorporate 2 and 3 above so that a mulch system can be "plugged in" in a matter of seconds.
5. A stripe system like that of the Scag Tiger stripe where it uses a Spring to push the striping roller down.
6. Consider a rear discharge option.
7. Incorporate a system that you can quick attach/ detatch front mount options like aerators, dethatchers, sprayers etc.