View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is one of those, am I always this lucky moments...

So me and my buddy and the owner of the hunt club and his son decided to head out to the lower 40 with a cooler full of beer, chainsaws and the tractor..

We were going to clear out an area covered in fallen trees and brush for a better shot on this stand and the oppurtunity to plant a food plot. this is honestly the kind of work I'd love to do. Just with better equipment, less beer and less mishaps.

But we had a couple trees to cut down and the debris to burn

So I dont have any decent pics, just some random ones that my buddy took while kind of intoxicated..

The owner of the hunt club on his tractor attempting to push this stump out of the way.. (I am not even sure why he tried )

thats the owners son, he's like 5ft10in for a size reference.

this is my screw up of the day, The owners son decided this tree needed to come down and it was leaning way to one side. So he made the decision not to put a face cut in it, just come from the back and let it roll.. well it barber chaired like a professional. So I came in from the heavy side just above where he cut attempting to cut a face in it so I could kind of guide it down and it wouldnt just snap off going god knows where.. Well I cut the bottom of the pie, pulled the saw out and decided I could get a little bit more. No more did I get the saw back in the cut then did it get pinched..

But anyways, we were almost done, had the fire rolling..

Then the owner put a stump in the burn hole and was trying to push it up on the fire when he went in to far and we ended up with this..

(Yes, that pic of the fire was taken probably 30minutes prior to the above 2)

I hauled ass to get a bucket and we carried water from the creek up and knocked the fire closest to the tractor down and had 3 4wd trucks down there and couldnt get the dam thing out. Ended up pulling the stump out(you can see it in the first pic of the stuck tractor, I am bent over turning the tractor off) with a truck then got a 65horse NH to pull it out..

oh yeah, this is for you Carolina gamecock fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!

Page generated in 0.04410 seconds with 7 queries