View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Some great thought guys........I always encourage people in our profession to get a CPA, not an accountant.....what's the diff?

Start with the education required to become a CPA, then pass a rigorous exam to be able to practice, then get a ton (I think it's 80 every two years) of CEU's on tax law changes.........conversely, an accountant is not required to keep up with tax laws, nor the education, etc.

A CPA should be your best pal in your business.....my CPA is a woman so don't discriminate!! Look for a small CPA office, maybe just one or two so you don't end up paying for the mahogany and the nickel and diming you to death anytime you call for advice.

Set up appts with them every quarter or until you feel comfortable with finance....get the book "Accounting for Dummies", about $20 and catch up on the jargon.......before you write back, I have the book also!

Check with them also on legalities such as incorporation for more personal and business protection, P&L Statements, Balance Sheets, etc.

CPA's are worth their weight in gold!!!

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 7 queries