Thread: Bummed Out
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 02:07 PM
Gravel Rat Gravel Rat is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 9,544
We don't have that rule that you need a CDL for a truck with a gvw higher than 26,000lbs a regular DL can be used for any 2 axle truck with any gvw. The highest rated single axle is 35,000lb if you got a regular DL you can drive it but most likely you would need a air endorsement.

The Cummins can't get that much better mileage over the PSD then again Dodge trucks are lighter than a equivilant Ford so you may gain something there. Myself I would rather own a MDT truck like a T-300 Kenworth for doing the job you have you got more pulling power and probably get the same mpg.

Myself I have a CDL I'am gonna upgrade to a class 01 (A) right now I can only drive a tandem axle straight truck or pull anysized trailer combination if truck and trailer is hydraulic brakes. Upgrading to a class A is worth it a guy gets more work plus in the work I'am in you gotta beable to pull pup and tag trailers behind gravel trucks.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03891 seconds with 8 queries