View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member
Hourly + incentives

To put it plainly, I'm tired of busting my hump as a one-man show in the sole-proprietor arena for the past 7 years. Therefore, I came up with an idea of hiring just a couple of individuals, experience preferred, and pay them not only an hourly wage but an incentive as well.

For instance: if they use my equipment, I would pay $10 per hour plus $3 per property. If they use their own equipment, I would pay $12 per hour plus $5 per property.

Weekly or bi-weekly checks would be mailed out with either taxes taken out or just 1099 them. I haven't decided which to do yet.....whatever's easiest.

Granted, the number and size of the properties I have may be a crumb on the table compared to the full-course dinners some of you might have. I simply can't be everywhere at once to keep this business growing.

Currently, the only employee I have right now is myself. From the business end to the labor end and absolutely everything in between. I thought maybe this year I'll try something different and see where it goes.

Let me know what you folks think.
Member of the PNC Park grounds crew.

Last edited by GrassNat; 01-24-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Trying to show signature
Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries