View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Hourly + incentives

To put it plainly, I'm tired of busting my hump as a one-man show in the sole-proprietor arena for the past 7 years. Therefore, I came up with an idea of hiring just a couple of individuals, experience preferred, and pay them not only an hourly wage but an incentive as well.

For instance: if they use my equipment, I would pay $10 per hour plus $3 per property. If they use their own equipment, I would pay $12 per hour plus $5 per property.

Weekly or bi-weekly checks would be mailed out with either taxes taken out or just 1099 them. I haven't decided which to do yet.....whatever's easiest.

Granted, the number and size of the properties I have may be a crumb on the table compared to the full-course dinners some of you might have. I simply can't be everywhere at once to keep this business growing.

Currently, the only employee I have right now is myself. From the business end to the labor end and absolutely everything in between. I thought maybe this year I'll try something different and see where it goes.

Let me know what you folks think.

Last edited by GrassNat; 01-24-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Trying to show signature

Page generated in 0.03836 seconds with 7 queries