View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwingfield2k View Post
Search Pro Cuts response to this a few months back.

basically tell your employees it has to get done in a certain amount of time, or you will find someone that will get it done.

end of discussion.
This would probably work well in the current economic conditions. However, I would say that you need to consider this: How much does it cost to rehire and train a new employee, once you find one that is up to your standards? If your guys know your route, and do decent work, first take a look at your business and make sure that you have dotted your i's and crossed your t's. That is, is your equipment up do date, and well maintained. Do you have your routes laid out perfect? Is your shop organized....no matter if it is a shed in your parent's back yard, or a full blow shop. You need to set the example first, then integrate your employees. If they aren't able to step it up, then you look elsewhere.

I also think that bonuses should be tied to profitability, if they are getting call backs, that hurts the bottom line. Again, if you are well organized, then you should know how much you are making before and after expenses, thus being able to calculate bonuses.

Just my 2 cents!

Page generated in 0.04090 seconds with 7 queries