View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic
Like I have said before, I was going to go with a duramax....actually I thought I was dead set on having the dmax/allison truck, but that has since changed. The 7.3 seems to be a "simpler" engine (like my 6.5) which means that the repair costs on it, even though it is a diesel, will be lower than the repair costs on a dmax. The example my mechanic used was if I had to replace a water pump in a duramax it would be a $1000 repair but that same repair would be about half the cost on my 6.5 or even on a 7.3. So that got me thinking about what would be best for me.

I'm very picky about what truck I buy, I want it to be something that I am going to be happy with for many years to come. I take everything into consideration....exterior, engine, interior, frame condition, maintenance records (if available), etc. I just want to make sure that this truck will be the right one for me and last me another 7-10 years. I take good care of my truck, so it will be pretty much "babied" the rest of its life.

I have no doubts that duramax trucks are great trucks, I have seen that first hand. But when it comes down to it, the price range that I am looking in has mostly high mileage trucks. But when I look at the 7.3's, they are within my price range and the miles are 75k less than what I was finding on the d-max's.
'07 Chevy 2500HD
2010 John Deere Z925A 54" MOD
2011 John Deere Quik Trak 647A
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Page generated in 0.04249 seconds with 8 queries